Merry Friendsmas! We still have yet to determine if that is an official thing or not but we say it is..
Since Friendsgiving was so much fun we decided all holidays must be “friend-ified”. Low and behold… Friendmas.
The menu included Prime rib, spinach and artichoke mac & cheese.. and lobster crack & cheese as per request… or demand… of Chris… stuffed mushrooms.. and a stuffed pepper for Mike of course (which I thought I did a post for but apparently not..), parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts, chestnut macarons and bourbon chestnut risotto. Its not a holiday without the bourbon… Makers Mark sponsorship still pending…
Oh! and OMGOMGOMG guyysss. I got a new oven. Its the most beautiful damn thing I’ve ever seen.. I was cheering and throwing confetti as the old one was hauled out the front door.. More on that in my next post because otherwise ill go on a 3 hour tangent about my love affair with the new oven..
I had some boomerangs of the bubbly deliciousness of these when they came out the oven and they aren’t cooperating for shitttt. You can go see them on Insta.
Spinach and artichoke Mac&cheese recipe is beloww👇🏼👇🏼
Chestnut risotto is here👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼 Bourbon Chestnut Risotto👈🏼👈🏼 since apparently I can only post one recipe per post… 🙄
I didn’t really get to take pictures of the Prime rib before the vultures attacked sooo all I have is some quick phone pics and snapchats from the crew.
For the prime rib, I salted a few gloves of garlic, thyme and rosemary sprigs in some olive oil. I poured the cooled oil over the meat and added the aromatics to the sous vide bag. Sous vide at 130F for 7 hours then browned the outside using my broiler. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
We found more friends! Our VVVIP party of 3 expanded to a whole 8 of us!
I mean 3 of them are dogs but hey.. they loved the prime rib just as much as the rest of us..
Vins pup even got a take home goodie bag prime rib bone. Do I hear friend number 9?!
So Merry Friendsmas to all we’ll seeya in February for Valenfriends.
- 1 lb pasta
- 3tbs butter
- 3tbs flour
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2.5 cups milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4.5 oz gruyere, grated
- 4 oz pecorino romano, grated
- 8 oz mozzarella, grated
- 3 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 heads fresh spinach or 1 bag of baby spinach
- 2 boxes frozen artichoke hearts, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta slightly under al dente.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pot. Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are soft. Add wine and simmer until almost all liquid has evaporated. Add flour and cook until it’s a light golden brown.
- Add milk and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add cheese, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir until cheese has completely melted. Add spinach and stir into sauce until wilted. Add artichoke hearts.
- Add pre cooked pasta and stir to combine well.
- Put mac and cheese into a greased cast iron skillet. Top with another handful of white cheddar. Bake until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.