Apparently my lobster mac and cheese is so good, Mike and Chris have deemed it “Lobster Crack & Cheese”. Chris cries whenever he finishes it and claims he will never find love like my lobster mac.
So heres that… Then I stuffed it in a burger.
I like to make mine in a mini cast iron skillets instead of one big one. 1.. they’re individual portions.. and 2… these little skillets are fricken adorable. The mac and cheese is packed with 4 different cheeses and tons of chunky lobster meat. Theres nothing worse than lobster mac with no lobster so don’t skimp with it.
Now we’re takin this crack and cheese up a notch. Stuff that shit into a burger. If I’m not turning things into a cupcake, chances are I’m making it into a burger. You can do this the same day or use the leftovers another night.
Not only are these stuffed with mac and cheese, it’s piled on top, covered in melted cheddar, bacon, crispy onions, arugula, mixed greens, and “magic sauce.”.. I don’t really know why it’s called magic sauce… It didn’t have a name sooo.. why not..
The arugula and greens add freshness and the acidity in the sauce cuts through the richness of all the cheese.
Cheesy, juicy, crispy, creamy. This burger is just 💣.
Check out the viddd to see how I made it.
- 1.5 lbs lobster meat (6-7 lobsters)
- 1tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb pasta
- 3tbs butter
- 3tbs flour
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2.5 cups milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4.5 oz gruyere, grated
- 3 oz parmesan, grated
- 8 oz mozzarella, grated
- 3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices sharp cheddar
- 3 burger buns
- Mixed Greens
- 6 strips thick cut bacon
- crispy onions
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop lobster tails and claws in for about 1 min. This will make it easier to remove from the shell.
- Remove all lobster meat from shell and cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Quickly sauté lobster in butter and garlic, 1 to 2 minutes. Do not cook lobster all the way through, it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Set lobster aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Boil pasta. Remove from the water slightly under al dente.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pot. Add onions and garlic and sauce until onions are soft. Add flour and cook until it’s a light golden brown.
- Add milk and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add cheese, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir until cheese has completely melted.
- Add pre cooked pasta and stir to combine well.
- Grease cast iron skillets. Layer pasta and lobster to make sure lobster is evenly distributed throughout. Top with Panko breadcrumbs. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake until cheese is bubbly and breadcrumbs are brown.
- Thoroughly mix ground beef and seasonings. Split into 2 even portions.
- Split each portion in half and form into 2 thin patties. Add a scoop of mac and cheese and cover with 2nd patty. Pinch to seal sides together and form into an even burger.
- Heat a cast iron skillet. Add a small amount of Canola oil. Cook burgers about 3 minutes per side.
- Add 3 scoops of mac and cheese to a heated skillet. Top with 2 slices of cheddar. Cover and let cheese melt.
- Toast buns, fry bacon, and layer burgers. Bun, sauce, lettuce, patty, mac and cheese, crispy onions, bacon, sauce, bun. Optional: Add a slice of tomato.