Bourbon Chestnut Risotto
- 4 cups chicken, unsalted
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup chestnut puree
- 1/3 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1.5 tbs butter
- 1tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 cup roasted chestnuts, roughly chopped
- Simmer stock in a medium sauce pan.
- In a large saute pan, add olive oil, 2 tbs butter and onions. Cook until soft.
- Add rice, stir to coat in oil and butter. Cook for 1-2 min.
- Add bourbon, flambe and simmer until almost all liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock 1 ladle at a time. Cook, stirring, until almost all liquid is absorbed between each addition. Continue until there is about 1/2 cup stock left and rice is cooked to al dente, about 20-25 min.
- Remove rice from the heat. Add chestnut puree to risotto and stir.
- Add 1.5 tbs butter, parmesan, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and thyme. Mix to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Fold in roasted chestnuts.
- Add the last 1/2 cup of stock right before serving.